Sunday, August 10, 2008

Three Lights

(29w1d, Hospital Day 16)

Per Dr. M, I am a superstar (I can't help but think jazz-hands).
He clearly seems surprised that I made it through his weekend call without cause for delivery.
"You've got a very strong wife", he told Matt.
But really I am just a passenger on this roller coaster.

This morning both my liver and kidney tests bumped (again).
Nothing catastrophic.
But clearly trending in the wrong direction.
Clearly.

My swelling has gotten a whole lot worse... but I can't complain since it has been quite mild to this point.
The really pitiful part?
I get out of breath turning over in the bed.
Not exactly half-marathon material :-).

My labs will be repeated in the morning and Dr. Peri will be in to see me at some point tomorrow.

I found this video on a woman's infertility blog about a year ago.
Always feel better after listening to this song, so I have been doing so every morning.
Some days aren't easy for me and in general I am quite uncomfortable at this point.
It is becoming clear to me that my body is struggling.
So a little pick-me-up is exactly what I need every morning...

It is by a Christian rock group called Third Day and the name of the song is Tunnel

The Chorus:
There's a light at the end of this tunnel.
There's a light at the end of this tunnel for you.
For you.
There's a light at the end of this tunnel.
Shining bright at the end of this tunnel for you.
For you.
So keep holding on.




There's a light at the end of the tunnel, indeed.
Make that THREE lights at the end of this tunnel

As an aside, I added a Twitter feed to the sidebar. I started using Twitter to keep Matt informed as things changed during the day (i.e., my blood pressure, doctor's visits, etc.) I am adding the link here since some of you get anxious when I haven't posted :-).

No comments: