(28w6d, Hospital Day 14)
Ummmmmm. Still here.
And still in the game.
And judging by my lab work it appears I am... well... becoming MORE stable.
Huh?
Yes, if anything my blood work actually improved a bit today.
Womb-Thing started acting up last night.
And then this morning by the end of monitoring I was contracting every 2 minutes.
Not exactly conducive to stretching (sorry... REALLY bad pun) out this pregnancy.
So they increased my P.rocardia a bit (now on max dose) which should also help a bit with my blood pressure.
Call it the battle of the doctors.
Dr. Peri now thinks I will make it to the middle of next week (all of the sudden he is Mr. Positive).
Dr. M (who is on call for their practice this weekend) has been anticipating the need to deliver this weekend, including discussing with me that he may need to do a vertical uterine incision in order to decrease trauma to the triplets (I was relieved to discover that the skin incision will still be low horizontal-- not that I will be sporting any bikinis in the near... or any future.) Of course, Dr. M is also the one who believed at the beginning of this week there was no way that I would make it to today without delivery. He comes in every day expressing amazement I am still here.
And yet, I am.
I should get the two of them to back their medical opinions up with a little bet...
Or at least some baked goods :-)
Rumor is that I have become the talk of the hospital.
Periodically someone from lab, housekeeping, food service, etc will be in my room and ask if I am having a boy or a girl.
"Well," I tell them, "two boys and a girl".
Their face suddenly changes.... "Oh, so YOU are the one with triplets!"
The Neonatologist who came to check on on me today mentioned that discussion over the last few days regarding my possible impending delivery (the hospital's first triplets) has the NICU and L&D wards a-buzz.
I'm starting to think this may really go on for at least a few more days.
But I'm trying not get too ahead of myself.
As for now... we are breathlessly close to 29 weeks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
When you get to 29 weeks, Dr. Peri better smile so big his head breaks. :)
Post a Comment