Monday, September 29, 2008

Bye Bye Ampho

Dear Amphotericin B,

I appreciate the fact that you fought and bested the nasty fungus which rudely took up residence in my cute little body. But we have had quite the lengthy relationship (20 days now) and while I am eternally grateful for your assistance, I am no longer in need of your services. Lately your presence has become more and more inconvenient. To accomodate you, I have been required to maintain a PICC line (central IV line) which placed me at continued risk of other serious infections. When the PICC line failed four days ago, I then had to keep a peripheral IV line in place... a daunting task considering my new found penchant for moving around. As a result I have undergone multiple needle sticks a day. This requirement has become burdensome to say the least.

So in summary-- I appreciate your services... but good riddance!

Sincerely,
Isaac

3 comments:

The Laundry Queen said...

Great vocabulary, Isaac! I mean, using the word "penchant" properly in a sentence at your age! You'll be supporting your parents in no time!

Jonathan said...

Hang in there Isaac, all the nasty bugs are totally worth your fight... Tell your Mommy and Daddy that miracles blossom from the NICU, despite what they do/did to us.

Sincerely,
Taylor and Alivya
164 day and 93 day
NICU Grads
Now blossoming Terrible Twos!

Liz Laudie said...

The pics are wonderful. Always good to have more colorful blankets. It sort of lifts the spirits. They ought to really progress faster now. I'm so happy they are doing well.
Rich