(21w3d)
I have avoided posting for the last few days.
Because (like any infertility veteran) I am feeling a bit superstitious.
I was afraid I would jinx myself.
Last Thursday, Dr. Peri's partner debated whether or not to place me on P.rocardia (which I would be stuck on for the remainder of this crazy pregnancy), or I.ndomethacin which would be a short course (2-3 days at most as it can cause low amniotic fluid levels with prolonged use). He decided on the I.ndomethacin, apparently in an attempt to reset the uterine ticker since the activity started so abruptly. The idea would be that if after the 2-3 day course I continued contracting like a crazy woman, I could then be started on P.rocardia.
But guess what?
*whisper*
It worked!
My last dose was Saturday night.
On Sunday the contractions returned, but not nearly as intense.
Not nearly as frequent.
And 90% of them occurred when I was on my feet.
Unlike the chaos of last Wednesday/Thursday... on Sunday the contractions essentially stopped soon after I became horizontal.
Ah Hah!
So for the last few days I have spent no more than three hours up on my feet (which I spread throughout the day).
Pool time not included.
Since doing so, my contractions have continued to decrease.
And my sanity is in good shape since constant tightening of Womb-Thing is nothing if not disconcerting.
I remain reticent to get too excited.
I am afraid the Fairy of Contracting Womb-Things will notice I slipped through the cracks :-).
Appointment with Dr. Peri is scheduled for Friday morning.
The car will be packed and we will be on our way out of town for David's wedding (fingers crossed).
Let's hope that "cervix of steel" is holding up...
My sudden increase in couch time has inspired me to pick up a new hobby... will post pictures tomorrow...
(just a little teaser there, you know, like a commercial for a tv show. Do you feel teased, huh? huh?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment