Monday, April 21, 2008

The Prodigal Blogger Returns

I have been woefully negligent in my posting.
Woefully.

And several of you have reminded me of that fact over the last few days :-)

Truth is... I have been a bit preoccupied with discovering whether or not three infant car seats will truly fit across the second row seat of my Volvo SUV (still unclear. Just not willing to give up my car without a fight! Meeting for a "fitting" with a local store on Thursday), unraveling what type of complicated stroller combination will allow me flexibility without having to tote a stroller around on the car hitch (that's just not how I roll...), attempting to determine whether or not the ancient Nephites might have had access to personal sets of scripture (a fact that one of my Gospel Doctrine class members felt was alluded to near the end of Jacob), researching whether or not a live-in au pair for a year would be a better option for us than a live-out nanny (I'll be needing some help... and as they say... "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!"), and preparing Sunday's lesson, while still managing to eat every few hours (including at 3am) and make it to work on time.

(Yes, I am aware that was a terrible-no-good-very-bad-run-on-sentence. Luckily I am safely out of Mr. Goldsmith's reach. Ha!)

Not to mention... I think I got a bit overwhelmed once I started looking pregnant and EVERYONE knew. Not that I mind people know (ummm, it is becoming a little obvious). But after being asked for the 20th time last Sunday... "How are you feeling????" in that wonderful singsong voice we females use to indicate we know what we think might be an exciting secret... I was burnt out! I finally put them all out of their misery and announced it in the "Good News Minute".

As Jennifer sweetly mentioned, a belly picture is in order. Matt actually took one last week... and I failed miserably to post it. No worries... it doesn't look much different. I intend to be wearing this same "outfit" for all following belly pictures to make comparison easier. And if I was TRULY neurotic (which you are all well aware I am...) I would be holding signs indicating how far along I am in the picture. That feature will be added next (ooooo, waiting with baited breath, I'm sure). Now for the disclaimer: No, my bangs are not sticking straight off the left side of my face. Yes, I am aware that is what it looks like... but nope... that would be a shadow. I was having a bad hair day... but not THAT bad of a bad hair day.

13 WEEKS

No comments: